The Lunenburg Historical Society hopes you’ll consider entering our 2018 quilt square contest. This year’s contest theme is “Colors of Maple”. It is part of Lunenburg’s 13th Annual Maple Festival to be held on Saturday, March 24th, at the Lunenburg Primary School from 8 am – 4 pm.
The quilt square entries in each category will be displayed during the Festival and visitors will vote for their favorite. The entry with the most votes in each category will receive the “People’s Choice” award at the end of the day. After the Festival, the quilt squares will be made into a quilt and/or decorative items that will be raffled at the 14th Annual Maple Festival in 2019. The raffle proceeds will help with the restoration of Lunenburg's Old Town Hall, the future home of our museum and site of educational programs and genealogical research.
There are only a few “rules” to follow:
1. Create a 12 ½ inch square quilt block which features the contest theme within the 12 inch square area. (The half-inch provides the seam allowance for the blocks to be sewn into a quilt.) Please, only one block per entrant.
2. Create the block from 100% cotton material
3. Any style, pattern, or technique may be used. (appliqué, patchwork, embroidery, machine or hand stitched, etc.).
4. The entry will be placed in one of two categories: appliqué block or pieced block. The appliqué block category will include entries that use a 12 ½ inch square of material to which something has been added. The pieced block category will include entries that use pieces of material to create a 12 ½ inch square.
5. The completed block is due March 19th.
6. The block along with the owner’s name, age, address and phone number may be mailed to The Town of Lunenburg Historical Society, P.O. Box 195, Lunenburg, Vermont, 05906 or be placed in collection boxes located at Lunenburg’s Alden Balch Memorial Library or the Town Clerk’s Office.
7. All blocks submitted by adult entrants will become the property of The Town of Lunenburg Historical Society. Pieces by youth will be kept by permission only.
For further information: firstname.lastname@example.org or 802-892-6654. Maple Festival information at www.topofthecommon.org